Version reviewed: 1.3.12 Audacity Publisher's Description Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. Download Audacity macOS 2.1.1-DMG. 0 / 15 Version 2.1.1. The Manual is present if you get the Windows Installer or Mac.
Pick a software title...to downgrade to the version you love!
Audacity 1.2.1 Change Log
- The following translations have been added or updated: Finnish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Russian.
- Fix a bug that could cause data to be lost when pasting audio from one project into another, after the first project has been saved and closed.
- Fix a possible crash when opening or resizing the Equalization window, especially when using large system fonts.
- Don't allow percentages less than -100% in Change Pitch/Speed/Tempo effects (fixes a possible crash).
- Fix a crash when the temporary directory is not available on startup.
- Correctly load ID3 tags saved in Audacity project files.
- On Linux and OS X, store lockfiles in the temp directory instead of the user's home directory. This fixes problems in lab environment where users have restricted or network-mounted home directories.
- Fix a bug that prevented Nyquist effects from running when certain regional settings were activated.
- Fix a bug in the Quick Mix command that could cause old temporary files to not be deleted.
- Linux: Fix endianness problems in playback on PowerPC.
- Linux: Fix compilation problem in Nyquist on MIPS.
- Linux: Include a more recent PortAudio v19 snapshot (fixes compilation problems when building with the --with-portaudio=v19 option).
- Two new Nyquist plug-ins: 'Cross Fade In' and 'Cross Fade Out.'
- Other minor bug-fixes.
Audacity 1.2.1 Screenshots
Audacity 1 Builds
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
Author / Product:
Audacity Development Team / Audacity
- Records and plays audio files
- Supports various file formats like WAV, AIFF, AU, and Ogg Vorbis
- Import MPEG audio (including MP2 and MP3 files)
- Edit your audio files by cutting, copying, pasting, and mixing them
- Large files can be edited fairly quickly
- Add different effects like echo, phaser, wah-wah, reverse, and more
- Change the pitch without altering the tempo, or vice-versa.
- Record and edit 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit (floating point) samples.
- Various plug-ins support
- Can be used to convert old tapes into digital media
- And many more
Audacity 2.1.3 Download
Also Available: Download Audacity for Mac and Audacity Portable