To Install R
Download R And Rstudio
Instructional video for STS 205, UCD Winter 2019. RStudio is a productive and versatile user interface for the R programing language that can be run on macOS, Linux and Windows. R is a free and open-source programing language and environment for statistical computing and graphics that offers a numerous graphical and statistical techniques.
- Open an internet browser and go to www.r-project.org.
- Click the 'download R' link in the middle of the page under 'Getting Started.'
- Select a CRAN location (a mirror site) and click the corresponding link.
- Click on the 'Download R for (Mac) OS X' link at the top of the page.
- Click on the file containing the latest version of R under 'Files.'
- Save the .pkg file, double-click it to open, and follow the installation instructions.
- Now that R is installed, you need to download and install RStudio.
To Install RStudio
- Go to www.rstudio.com and click on the 'Download RStudio' button.
- Click on 'Download RStudio Desktop.'
- Click on the version recommended for your system, or the latest Mac version, save the .dmg file on your computer, double-click it to open, and then drag and drop it to your applications folder.
Download RStudio 1.2.5042 for Mac from FileHorse. 100% Safe and Secure Take control of your R for macOS code!
Install R Studio For Mac
To Install the SDSFoundations Package
- Download SDSFoundations - version 1.4 - to your desktop (make sure it has the '.tgz' extension).
- Open RStudio.
- Click on the Packages tab in the bottom right window.
- Click 'Install.'
- Select install from 'Package Archive File.'
- Select the SDSFoundations package file from your desktop.
- Click install. You are done! You can now delete the SDSpackage file from your desktop.