SQL Search; Flyway; SQL Source Control; Source Control for Oracle; SQL Compare; Schema Compare for Oracle; SQL Data Compare; Data Compare for Oracle; Protect and preserve data. SQL Provision; Data Masker; SQL Clone; SQL Backup; SQL Data Catalog.NET.NET Developer Bundle.NET Reflector; ANTS Performance Profiler; ANTS Memory Profiler. Starting with SQL Server 2017, you can now install SQL Server directly on to a Linux machine. And because macOS is Unix based (and Linux is Unix based), you can run SQL Server for Linux on your Mac. The way to do this is to run SQL Server on Docker. So let’s go ahead and install Docker. Then we’ll download and install SQL Server.
Please note that SQL Workbench/J has no relation to the product MySQL Workbench which is maintained and owned by Oracle.
If you are looking for MySQL Workbench support please contact Oracle.
SQL Workbench/J requires Java 8 or later
Using Java 11 or later is highly recommended, especially with High-DPI screens.
Build 127 is the last build to support Java 8. Starting with the next build, Java 11 will be required.
Current stable release: Build 127, 2020-08-22 (Release History)
The generic package contains the jar file, the manual (HTML and PDF), shell scripts for Linux/Unix based systems (including MacOS) to start the application as well as a Windows® launcher and sample XSLT scripts.
The download includes the language files for English and German. The application's language can be changed from within the options dialog (Tools -> Options).
If you want to import or export Microsoft Excel files (XLS, XLSX) or import OpenOffice Calc documents, download the 'Generic package including all optional libraries' (approx. 30MB). If you are in doubt which one to use, download that.
Please see Creating a macOS executable for a short description on how to build a macOS executable using 'Automator'.
Change in the directory layout!
Starting with build 125 all additional libraries (e.g. for Excel exports) are expected in the sub-directory ext relative to the directory where sqlworkbench.jar is located. The location of the JDBC drivers is not affected by this.
If you download the archive 'with optional libraries', the libraries will automatically be extracted into the ext subdirectory and you can remove the existing libraries from directory where sqlworkbench.jar is located.
- Generic package for all systems including all optional libraries (sha1)
- Generic package for all systems without support for importing or exporting Excel or OpenOffice spreadsheets (sha1)
- Source code (sha1)
If you have copied the jar files for the Excel and OpenOffice support before, please delete all existing files from the ext subdirectory before extracting the new archive as some of the library names have changed.
Older versions can be downloaded from the download archive
You can subscribe to the RSS Feed to receive information about new releases
If you are having problems unzipping the distribution archive with WinZip, please read this.
Current development build: 127.1 ( 2020-10-18)
If your download is not starting, click here.
Microsoft SQL Server antivirus report
This download is virus-free.
Often downloaded with
- Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL Language ServiceThe SQL Server T-SQL Language Service is a component based on the .NET...DOWNLOAD
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Command Line UtilitiesThe SQLCMD utility allows users to connect to, send Transact-SQL batches from...DOWNLOAD
- Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant for OracleSQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) is a free supported tool from Microsoft...DOWNLOAD
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SamplesMicrosoft SQL Server 2005 Samples is a very useful pack which can help you to...DOWNLOAD
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Upgrade AdvisorMicrosoft SQL Server 2008 Upgrade Advisor analyzes instances of SQL Server 2000...DOWNLOAD
Database ToolsMicrosoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Books Online
Sql Server For Mac DownloadMicrosoft SQL Server 2008 Data Mining Add-Ins for Office 2007
Sql Server Express For MacMicrosoft SQL Server Express LocalDB
Sql Server Management Studio 2017 Download For MacMicrosoft SQL Server Transact-SQL ScriptDom
Database ToolsOpenLink Express ODBC Driver for Microsoft SQL Server
Install Sql Server On Mac