- Download Zoom On Mac Desktop
- Zoom Meeting
- Zoom software, free download
- Download Zoom On Macbook Air
- Can You Download Zoom On Mac
This article explains how you can download and install the Zoom app on your Mac. Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing and meeting service. Its popularity has significantly increased in recent weeks. It is similar to Group FaceTime.
Here is how to download and install Zoom.
There are two ways to install apps on a Mac:
If the download fails or you want to do it manually, follow these steps to add the Zoom app to your Mac. Open the Zoom Download Center in your preferred internet browser. How to download Zoom video chat for MacBook Pro 16 or other Mac computers. Also how to fully install.
- You can download apps from the Web and then install them.
- Or you can download apps from the Mac App Store.
Zoom is a free program for Mac that belongs to the category Chat-instant-messaging, and has been developed by Zoom Video Communications Inc. This program is available in Dutch, Chinese, French, Chinese, English, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean and Portuguese. Download Zoom for Mac to start or join a 100-person meeting with face-to-face video, high quality screen sharing, and instant messaging. Zoom has had 14 updates within the past 6 months. A no-nonsense tutorial on how to download/install Zoom on your Mac/PC. You'll learn to signup free, join an existing meeting, and how to create your own meet.
Download Zoom On Mac Desktop
See also: “App Is Damaged and Can’t Be Opened. You Should Move It To The Trash”, Fix
Installing an app from the App Store is easy and safe. However, the Mac App Store does not have all the apps, including Zoom. You can download from the Web but the process is a little more complicated.
Please follow the steps below to successfully install Zoom on your Mac:
- Open a Web browser on your Mac like Safari.
- Visit the Zoom download page: https://zoom.us/download
- You can install Zoom or Zoom Rooms. Select one and click the blue Download button. And your download will start.
- Unless it is changed, your download will be saved to your Downloads folder. This will be a PKG file.
- Find the file you just downloaded and double-click it.
- This will start the installation process. You may run into an error message saying “Zoom.pkg” can’t be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store. Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the App Store”.
- If you see this message, you need to change your Mac’s Gatekeeper (a security feature) setting. Here is how:
- Click the Apple menu on your Mac.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Click the General tab.
- Find the “Allow apps downloaded from” section and then you need to select the “App Store and identified developers” box. To make changes, you will need to click the lock icon and enter your admin password. Also note that since we just tried to install Zoom, you will see a note saying “Zoom was blocked from use because it is not from an identified developer”. You can also click the Open Anyway button.
- Now open the file again. Just follow the onscreen instruction to complete the installation process.
You can remove apps also from your Mac.
Web meeting software is a cornerstone of successful and productive communication. It connects people and teams, no matter where they’re located, making it easier to cooperate in times of remote work and online learning.
Zoom is one of the leading tools, with a cloud-based platform for video and audio conferences, meetings, and webinars. With its help, users can work on projects, record sessions, leave comments, and share screens across many devices.
According to the 2019 State of Video Conferencing report by Owl Labs, Zoom users love it most often for its simplicity and ease of use. No wonder you want to download the Zoom app for Mac. In this article, we’ll dig into everything you need to know about the Zoom installation. Let’s get started!
What you need to download Zoom for Mac
Zoom runs smoothly on macOS 10.7 or later. To install it on your Mac computer, you may need to modify Security and Privacy settings. All you have to do is to allow downloading apps not only from App Store but from identified developers as well.
Zoom 3.6 is still compatible with Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6.8), but it comes with limited functionality.
Follow the steps below to give installation permission:
- Launch System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Go to Security & Privacy > General.
- Tap the lock icon in the bottom-left corner.
- Enter your password, then click Unlock.
- Check ‘App Store and identified developers’ under ‘Allow apps downloaded from’
- Tap the lock icon again to keep the changes.
How to optimize your Mac for Zoom
Online conferencing apps like Zoom are fairly memory-heavy. Video calls demand your Mac resources, so you need enough RAM and hard drive space to make them with no issues and glitches.
Your computer may be pretty full of junk that overload CPU, especially after a year or two of use. Getting rid of all temporary and surplus files can speed up your Mac a lot. Manual cleanup is too time-consuming. But getting a little help from a third-party app is the way to go.
My favorite junk-cleaner, and anti-malware tool as well, is CleanMyMac X by MacPaw. The app has proved to be a powerful performance booster. ProductHunt even called it ‘Marie Kondo for your Mac’ referring to the Japanese organizing guru.
Here’s how to make your computer run as good as a new one:
Zoom software, free download
- Download CleanMyMac X — get it here for free.
- Head over to the Maintenance tab.
From there, you can pick the needed commands and hit the Run button to enhance memory and file processing on macOS. One of those is ‘Free Up RAM’ designed to check and speed up memory usage. Fire up this tool every time you feel that your computer or apps run more sluggish than usual.
Choose Run Maintenance Scripts to makes your Mac’s performance smoother. This feature deletes all temporary files, rearranges system databases, and copes with other technical tasks familiar only to developers.
Now that your computer is prepared for video conferencing, let’s see how to download Zoom for Mac.
How to download Zoom app on a Mac computer
Download Zoom On Macbook Air
Ready for your first Zoom call? Only a few steps left:
- Visit the Zoom Download Center.
- Click Download next to Zoom Client for Meetings.
- Open the downloaded PKG file in the Downloads folder.
- Click Continue in a pop-up window to run the installer.
- Once done, click Join a Meeting to get in a meeting-in-progress right away (if you got a Zoom invitation before).
- Choose Sign In to start or schedule your own meeting.
- Use your Zoom, Facebook, or Google account to sign in. You can also opt for Single Sign-On (SSO).
- Click Sign Up Free if you don't have your Zoom account yet. You’ll be redirected to zoom.us/signup.
Can You Download Zoom On Mac
That’s it! Now that you know how to download Zoom on Mac, you can make the most of it. Happy conferencing!