- How To Delete A Shortcut On Iphone
- How To Delete A Shortcut From My Desktop
- How To Delete A Shortcut On Windows
With the introduction of Windows 7, you can pin a program to the Windows taskbar. Pinning creates a shortcut to a program that allows the user to open that program from the taskbar using a mouse or shortcut keys. This feature is beneficial because you don't have to minimize all your windows like you would to use a desktop shortcut.
How To Delete A Shortcut On Iphone
Quick Launch is a feature that was included with Windows 98 up through Windows Vista. It works the same way as pinning. Locate your version of Windows below and follow the steps.
Windows 7, 8, and 10
Pin an already open program
How do you delete a Steam game shortcut? Hello Steam, I'm trying to clean up my desktop and I want to get rid of my TF2 shortcut without deleting the game, keeping it in my Library when I open Steam. Click the Start Menu icon. You can also press the ⊞ Win key to open your Start Menu. This will not work if you have updated Windows to 20H2. Any editing you do to the registry will. To delete an icon created by saving a file, the installation of a software program, or user-created shortcuts: Right-click the icon you'd like to delete. In the drop-down menu that appears, select Delete. Option 2: Click the icon with your left mouse button once so that it is highlighted. Press the delete key on your keyboard.
If the program is open, pin it to the taskbar by right-clicking the icon on the taskbar and clicking Pin to taskbar. Once pinned to the taskbar, it always appears on the taskbar even if the program is closed.
Pin from Start menu
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu. You see a menu similar to the one below:
- Scroll down the apps list to find the program you'd like to pin.
- Once you located the icon, right-click it, then move your cursor over More and select Pin to taskbar.
- When you're done, you will see the program's shortcut to the right of the search bar.
Drag-and-drop a shortcut
- Locate the shortcut you would like to pin.
- Drag-and-drop the shortcut onto the taskbar.
Removing shortcuts from the taskbar
- Right-click any shortcut icon on the taskbar.
- Select Unpin from taskbar.
How To Delete A Shortcut From My Desktop
The exact Unpin option text will differ depending on the location of the pinned item. For example, if a program is pinned to the taskbar, the option will be named Unpin from taskbar.
Windows 98, 2000, XP, and Vista
Adding a program to Quick Launch
- Right-click on an empty portion of the Quick Launch tray, and then select Open folder to display the icons stored in the Quick Launch directory.
- Once the Quick Launch folder is open, create new shortcuts in it, or you may drag-and-drop existing ones.
Adding shortcuts to Quick Launch
Drag-and-drop the shortcut you want to add onto the Quick Launch section of the taskbar.
Removing shortcuts from Quick Launch
To remove icons from Quick Launch, right-click the icon you want to delete, and then select Delete.
How To Delete A Shortcut On Windows
- See the Quick Launch definition for further information and related links.