This page provides instructions on how to install IBM SPSS Statistics on a computer running Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), or Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra).
- IBM® SPSS® Modeler 18.2.1 is a powerful, versatile data mining workbench that helps you build accurate predictive models quickly and intuitively, without programming. With it you can discover patterns and trends in structured or unstructured data more easily, using a unique visual interface supported by advanced analytics.
- A FREE half-day online conference focused on AI & Cloud – North America: Nov 2 – India: Nov 9 – Europe: Nov 14 – Asia Nov 23 Register now.
- IBM SPSS for Mac is an impressive statistical data modeler used within government, academic, and business organizations to analyze and solve research and business problems. It has a built-in statistical modeling tool that facilitates the use of a large number of investigations by allowing you to easily design the graphs from the analysis of the.
- Install IBM® SPSS® Modeler - Essentials for Rfor Mac Double-click the downloaded file and follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen. You must have root privileges to install the package. Note:The required path for the.
I am running SPSS Modeler v18 on Mac Sierra at the moment and I'm able to run the software without any problems. I have installed both 3.2.2 and 3.2.4 (Mac versions) and I installed R Essentials from here.
- Install the IBM SPSS Statistics file you downloaded from software.usc.edu/spss.
- Double-click the SPSS Statistics Installer icon on your desktop.
- You may need to authorize the installer. Enter your computer’s login name and password and then click Install Helper to authorize the installer.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics screen, click OK.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Introduction screen, click Next.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Software License Agreement screen, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Install Python Essentials screen, under Install IBM SPSS Statistics – Essentials for Python, select Yes. Click Next to continue to the next screen.
- The following license agreement screen will appear. Select I accept these terms of the License Agreement and click Next to continue with the installation.
- The IBM SPSS Statistics – License Agreement for Essentials for Python screen will appear , select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next to continue the installation.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Choose Install Folder screen, choose the location where you would like to install SPSS. Click Next.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Pre-Installation Summary screen, click Install.
- SPSS will now install. This process takes approximately 2-5 minutes.
- The IBM SPSS Statistics – Install Complete screen will appear, click Done to finish the installation process and launch IBM SPSS Statistics.
- When you launch IBM SPSS Statistics for the first time, you will see the following screen. Click License Product to enter the license key you received from ITS and authorize your copy of IBM SPSS Statistics. NOTE: You must be connected to the Internet to successfully complete the authorization process.
- The License Status screen will appear. Click Next.
- On the Product Authorization screen, choose Authorized user license (I purchased a single copy of the product). and then click Next.
- On the Enter Codes screen, enter your authorization code. When purchased your software from ITS, you should have received an email with this authorization code.
- Once the authorization process is complete on the Internet Authorization Status screen, click Next.
- On the Licensing Completed screen, click Finish to complete the installation.
NOTE: ITS suggests you open IBM SPSS Statistics once the installation and authorization has finished to ensure that the software has installed correctly.