Hunting for some inspiration for your wedding vows, a love letter or a wedding speech? Look no further than love song lyrics by your favourite singers and songwriters. While it may be tempting to plagiarize their work word for word, do yourself - and your soon-to-be spouse - a solid and put your own spin on their love song lyrics. Sure, Ed Sheeran may be an amazing wordsmith, but you know your S.O. so much better.
'Wedding Song (There is Love),' by Peter, Paul & Mary From the album: The Very Best of Peter, Paul & Mary, 2005 Lyrics You'll Love: Well a man shall leave his mother and a woman leave her home/They shall travel on to where the two shall be as one/As it was in the beginning, is now until the end/Woman draws her life from man and gives it back again/And there's love.
- For the rest of my life, with all that I have, I do. When the sky is falling, I promise you I’m all in, No turning back. Every day, every moment, Every breath you take.I choose you.
- If for special reason you would like our Parish Music Director John Bryan to play your wedding, you may contact him at 614-794-7303 or at [email protected] The songs below are meant to be heard with the Wedding Music Selection Form which may be downloaded HERE. To hear a song, simply click on its title. You are welcome to invite ANY St.
- Catholic wedding music is rooted in Scripture, sacred writings, or Catholic Church teaching. Because your wedding is a ritual of the Catholic Church, the lyrics of your wedding songs need to represent the Catholic faith. Your best bet is to stick with words from the Bible or with songs you find in your parish’s hymnals.
- 'Wedding Song (There is Love),' by Peter, Paul & Mary From the album: The Very Best of Peter, Paul & Mary, 2005 Lyrics You'll Love: Well a man shall leave his mother and a woman leave her home/They shall travel on to where the two shall be as one/As it was in the beginning, is now until the end/Woman draws her life from man and gives it back again/And there's love.
Here are 25 adorable love song lyrics to inspire your wedding vows that’ll make you swoon.
Malankara Catholic Church
- “I am thinking it’s a sign / That the freckles in our eyes / Are mirror images / And when we kiss they’re perfectly aligned” - “Such Great Heights” by The Postal Service
- “‘How I know your face / All the ways you move / You come in / I can read you / You’re my favourite book” - “My Favourite Book” by Stars
- “If you’ll be my star / I’ll be your sky / You can hide underneath me and come out at night / When I turn jet black / And you show off your light / I live to let you shine” - “Boats and Birds” by Gregory and the Hawk
- “So when our eyes have seen their better days / And our hearing starts to fade / Put your arms ‘round my neck, and your heart on my chest / “I love you” will still sound the same” - “I Love You Will Still Sound the Same” by Oh Honey
- “Just like a star across my sky / Just like an angel off the page / You have appeared to my life / Feel like I’ll never be the same” - “Just Like a Star” by Corinne Bailey Rae
- “I won’t give up on us / Even if the skies get rough / I’m giving you all my love / I’m still looking up” - “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz
- “‘Cause I love you more than I could ever promise / And you take me the way I am” - “The Way I am” by Ingrid Michaelson
- “And it’s you and me and all of the people / And I don’t know why / I can’t keep my eyes off of you” - “You and Me” by Lifehouse
- “Something in the way she moves / Attracts me like no other lover / Something in the way she woos me / I don’t want to leave her now / You know I believe and how” - “Something” by The Beatles
- “I hope you don’t mind that I put down in words / How wonderful life is while you’re in the world” - “Your Song” by Elton John
- “Take my hand / Take my whole life, too / For I can’t help falling in love with you” - “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley
- “You smiled, you smiled oh and then the spell was cast / And here we are in heaven / for you are mine at last” - “At Last” by Etta James
- “Your touch is sunlight through the trees / Your kisses are the ocean breeze / Everything’s alright when you’re with me” - “Better Place” by Rachel Platten
- “Well, me - I fall in love with you every single day / And I just wanna tell you I am” - “Thinking Out Loud” - Ed Sheeran
- “You’ve never loved your stomach or your thighs / The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine / But I’ll love them endlessly” - “Little Things” by One Direction
- “‘Cause all of me / Loves all of you / Love your curves and all your edges / All your perfect imperfections” - “All of Me” by John Legend
- “Everywhere I’m looking now / I’m surrounded by your embrace / Baby, I can see your halo / You know you’re my saving grace” - “Halo” by Beyoncé
- “You made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter / You are the best thing that’s ever been mine” - “Mine” by Taylor Swift
- “I have died everyday waiting for you / Darling, don’t be afraid / I have loved you for a thousand years / I’ll love you for a thousand more” - “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
- “I could spend my life in this sweet surrender / And just stay here lost in this moment forever / Well, every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure” - “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith
- “If I never get to see the Northern Lights / or if I never get to see the Eiffel Tower at night / Oh, if all I got is your hand in my hand / Baby, I could die a happy man” - “Die A Happy Man” by Thomas Rhett
- “Until our song is over / ‘Til the stars all fade to black / I’m gonna love you / To the ends of the earth / To the moon and back” - “To the Moon and Back” by Luke Bryan
- “‘Cause I’m not easy to understand / But you know me like the back of your hand / I’m your girl and you’re my man / And we’re makin’ plans” - “Makin’ Plans” by Miranda Lambert
- “Baby, if I had to choose / My best day ever / My finest hour, my wildest dream come true / Mine would be you” - “Mine Would Be You” by Blake Shelton
- “As good as you make me feel / I wanna make you feel better / Better than your fairy tales / Better than your best dreams / You’re more than everything I need” - “Wanted” by Hunter Hayes
Looking for more love song lyrics? Follow WeddingWire Canada on Spotify for all our favourite wedding love songs.
The Sacrament of Matrimony
During this time of isolation, couples are asked to please contact Pat Kitzler in the Parish Office at [email protected] at least 6 months in advance of their preferred wedding date to begin the Marriage Preparation Process. General information concerning the celebration of the Sacrament of Matrimony at St. Paul is outlined in our Wedding Guidelines which may be downloaded HERE. Please read these guidelines in their entirety!
Selecting Your Wedding Music
After you have reserved your wedding date, please contact St. Paul Assistant Organist, Jonathan Casady to ensure your wedding date is on his calender – 417.459.8972 – [email protected] If for special reason you would like our Parish Music Director John Bryan to play your wedding, you may contact him at 614-794-7303 or at [email protected]
The songs below are meant to be heard with the Wedding Music Selection Form which may be downloaded HERE. To hear a song, simply click on its title.
You are welcome to invite ANY St. Paul Cantor to serve your wedding. The songs below are performed by three Saint Paul Cantors. Our Cantors are familiar with all of the songs listed below. Therefore, you can engage any Cantor regardless of who is performing the recordings of the songs you have selected.
Please note that the song files are excerpts only.
Selections for the ENTRANCE OF THE MOTHERS and the OFFERTORY SONG
–Bridegroom And Brideassung by Kim Castiglione
–Come And Journey With Meassung by Erica Colopy
–The Earth Is Full Of Beauty – Psalm 33 assung by Jeremy Snyder
–How Beautiful – assung by Kim Castiglione
–The Lord Is Kind And Merciful – Psalm 103 assung by Kim Castiglione
–The Servant Songassung by Jeremy Snyder
–When Love Is Foundassung by Erica Colopy
–Wherever You Goassung by Jeremy Snyder
*Some couples choose not to observe the optional Marian Devotion. If this should be the case, you may consider an Ave Maria sung for the Entrance of the Mothers or for the Offertory Song. You will find the Ave Maria song files below.
Selections for the BRIDAL PARTY PROCESSIONand the BRIDE’S PROCESSION
–Air from Water Music (Handel)
–Andante Tranquillo from Sonata III (Mendelssohn)
–Arioso from Cantata #156 (Bach)
–Canon In D (Pachelbel)
–Con Moto Maestoso from Sonata III (Mendelssohn)
–Jesu Joy Of Man’s Desiring (Bach)
–Trumpet Voluntary (Clarke)
*Some couples have selected their Processional Songs from the Recessional Songs selections. This is acceptable.
Selections for the COMMUNION SONG
–In The Breaking of the Bread 944 assung by Jeremy Snyder
–One Bread One Body 931 assung by Erica Colopy
–You Satisfy The Hungry Heart 939 assung by Jeremy Snyder
*If you choose, the assembly may join the Cantor in this song. Simply include the hymnal number of the song (found behind the song’s title) in your program.
Selections for the RECESSIONAL
–Allegro Maestoso from Water Music (Handel)
–Lobe Den Herren (Walther)
–Ode To Joy (Beethoven)
–Rondeau from Premiere Suite, 1st movt. (Mouret)
–Trumpet Tune in C (Clarke – sometimes attributed to Purcell)
Malankara Catholic Usa
*Some couples have selected their Recessional Song from the Processional Songs selections. This is acceptable.
Selections for the optional MARIAN DEVOTION
–Ave Maria (Bach/Gounod) assung by Kim Castiglione
–Ave Maria (Schubert) assung by Erica Colopy
*Omit this selection if you will not be observing the Marian Devotion.
Malayalam Malankara Catholic Holy Man
Please note that although much of the music you hear at Sunday Mass is not among the songs above, you are welcome to request songs you have heard sung during Sunday Mass or songs found in our Hymnal or St. Paul Contemporary Music Supplement.
Syro Malankara Catholic
For answers to FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS about Wedding Music, clickHERE.
Malankara Catholic Wedding Songs Lyrics Hallelujah
Creating Your Wedding Program
How you list the Wedding Party, Family Names, and Ceremony Ministers is highly subjective. However, the Marriage Ceremony itself follows a rubric. The following Sample Wedding Programs should assist you in creating the Ceremony portion of your Wedding Program.