Free Tux Paint
Tux Paint: Tux Paint 0.9.24 TuxPaint-0.9.24.dmg Version: 0.9.24 Date: May 30, 2020 Size: 40MB From: Mark K. Compaibility note: For Intel-based Macs running macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later. Earlier versions of Tux Paint are available, which run on older versions of Mac OS X. Using: The DMG disk image contains the Tux Paint application,. Mac paint free download. Tux Paint Tux Paint is a free, award-winning drawing program for children ages 3 to 12. It combines an easy-to.
Tux Paint Free Download For Windows 7
Download Tux Paint
Changes for v0.9.20 - v0.9.21
- New Starters:
- Silver Frame Caroline Ford
- Jigsaw 3x3 & 5x5 Andrew 'akanewbie' Corcoran
- New Magic Tools:
- + Blur (entire image mode) - Blurs entire image + Color Shift - Modifies the colors in the image. + Sharpen - Sharpens entire image + Edges - Traces the edges of the image, over a white background. + Silhouette - Creates an outline of the image, over a black background. + Color and White - Turns image pure color & white (no grey or color). + Snow Ball - Places random snow balls over the image. + Snow Flake - Places random snow flakes over the image. + Noise - Adds random noise to the image. + Mosaic - Gives the image a mosaic effect. + Rain - Adds rain drops to the image. + Toothpaste - Squirts 'toothpaste' on to the image. By Andrew 'akanewbie' Corcoran (Part of Tux4Kids' participation in Google Summer of Code 2008)
- + Confetti - Paints random confetti bits on the canvas. + TV - Adds television (CRT) interlacing lines over the image. + Rosette - Paints at 3 points on the screen, in a rosette shape. + Picasso - Paints at 3 points, in a 'Picasso' art style. + Wavelets - Waves that go up and down. By Adam 'foo-script' Rakowski
(Part of Tux4Kids' participation in Google Summer of Code 2008)
- + Rails - Draws train tracks / rails over the image. + Fisheye - Warps part of the picture, as though seen through a fisheye. + Fold - Folds the corners of the image up, like a piece of paper. By Adam 'foo-script' Rakowski
(GSOC 2008), with modifications by Bill Kendrick and Pere Pujal i Carabantes
- Real Rainbow - Draw an arc-shaped, photorealistic rainbow. By Bill Kendrick with math help from Jeff Newmiller
Rainbow colors/alpha based on photo from http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicholas_t/281820290/ photo by Flickr user 'Nicholas_T' Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/deed.en
- String Edges - Draw string-like patters around the picture. String Corner - Draw aligned string-like patterns. String 'V' - Draw free-form string-like patterns. Tornado (based on Flowers) - Draws a tornado effect onto the picture. By Pere Pujal i Carabantes
- Icons for some new Magic Tools (Color and White, Fisheye, Mosaic, Picasso, Silhouette, TV and Wavelet) Donelle Cory <[email protected]> http://www.8bitonion.com/portfolio
- Magic Tool Improvememnts:
- Added '_switchin()' and '_switchout()' functions to Magic tool API, to tell Magic tools when they are selected or deselected, or when their mode changes..
- Added '_modes()' function to Magic tool API, so Magic tool plugins can tell Tux Paint what modes it accepts, 'paint' or 'fullscreen'.
- '_click()' function is now given a 'mode' value, corresponding to the mode the current tool is in.
- '_get_description()' function is now given a 'mode' value, and is called once for each mode a particular tool claims to support. (e.g., 'which=0,mode=MODE_PAINT', then 'which=1,mode=MODE_PAINT', then 'which=1,mode=MODE_FULLSCREEN')
- 'Paint' and 'Fullscreen' control buttons added to Magic tool selector UI. Can be disabled with '--nomagiccontrols'.
- 'Negative', 'Tint', 'Glass Tile', 'Darken' and 'Lighten' tools can all now affect the entire image.
- System-Related Improvements:
- 'savedir' and 'datadir' paths given in configuration files (e.g., ~/.tuxpaintrc) now have any environment variables and tildes (e.g., '~' for $HOME, or '~username' for 'username's home directory) expanded. NOTE: Environment variable expansion via 'wordexp()' -- currently Linux-only. NOTE: 'printcommand' and 'altprintcommand' options not currently parsed for env. vars.
- On systems that use postscript_print (Linux and other Unix-likes), errors when attempting to issue a print command (e.g., trying to use 'lpr', but that command is not available) should appear in Tux Paint. (SourceForge bug #2205528)
- Build System Improvements:
- Adhering to Debian & FreeDesktop.org standards regarding .desktop file.
- Documentation Improvements:
- Corrected location of config files for Mac OS X in OPTIONS docs.
- HTML documentation files for the various Magic tools are now generated using a PHP script. Tool details are stored in a PHP array (which is easier-to-edit than individual HTML files).
- Other Improvements:
- Starter images no longer need to be created with alpha transparency. Any solid white will be removed automatically by Tux Paint.
- White always appears as the first color in the 'New' dialog, regardless of its position (or even existence) in the color palette.
- Text tool uses FriBidi to determine when right-to-left characters have been typed (e.g., Hebrew) so that they are drawn in the right direction. (Mixing RtoL and LtoR works (e.g., Hebrew with numerals))
- Updated to the latest version (2.27) of DejaVu Sans Regular for UI font.
- Only loads locale-specific fonts (e.g., Tibetan's 'bo.ttf', which is unusable with any language _except_ Tibetan) when Tux Paint is running in that locale. (Use '--alllocalefonts' command-line option or 'alllocalefonts=yes' config. file option, to load all of those fonts, regardless of locale setting -- the old behavior.)
- Font scoring system improved, so that fonts that support the current locale (based on special translation strings -- many of which have been submitted or improved) 'bubble up' to the top of the Fonts list when using the Text tool. Pere Pujal i Carabantes
and Bill Kendrick with help from: Albert Cahalan , Frank Weng and various translators.
- New localizations:
- Shuswap (Secwepemctín) translation Neskie Manuel
- Songhay translation Abdoul Cisse Mohomodou Houssouba
- Localization Updates:
- Afrikaans translation Petri Jooste
- Arabic translation Tilo
- Asturian Xandru Armesto
- Basque translation Juan Irigoien
- Brazilian Portuguese translation Frederico Goncalves Guimaraes
- Catalan translation Pere Pujal i Carabantes
- Chinese (Simplified) translation Huang Zuzhen
- Chinese (Traditional) translation Frank Weng
- Danish translation Joe Dalton
- Dutch translation Bert Saal
- Estonian translation Henrik Pihl
- French translation Jacques Chion
- Georgian translation Gia Shervashidze
- Gujarati translation Kartik Mistry
- Greek translation Serafeim Kyriaki
- Hebrew translation Jorge Mariano
- Hungarian Gabor Kelemen
- Irish Gaelic Kevin Patrick Scannell
- Italian translation Simona Riva
- Kurdish translation Amed Çeko Jiyan
- Portuguese translation Sergio Marques
- Romanian translation Sorin Paliga
- Russian translation Nikolay Parukhin
- Slovak translation Jaroslav Rynik
- Slovenian translation Matej Urban
- Spanish translation Gabriel Gazzan
- Swedish translation Daniel Nylander
- Tamil translation Ravishankar Ayyakkannu
- Ukranian translation Serhij Dubyk
- Zapotec (Miahuatlan dialect) name and locale code correction
- Bug Fixes
- Was inadvertently calling 'magic_switchin()' on Quit. Fixed. Dan Shields
- [Ctrl]+[P] keyboard shortcut for printing was not complying with option to disable printing capability (e.g., '--noprint')! Fixed.
- Preventing Tux Paint from dropping out of Fullscreen mode when pressing either left or right [Windows] keys Note: Works on Windows XP, 2000 and Vista only. (If Tux Paint is deliberately switched to the background, e.g. using [Alt]+[Tab], the [Windows] keys function as normal until Tux Paint is the active application again.) John Popplewell
- Directional brushes used to always begin with middle image; now this only happens if you click and release, with dragging. Jason Ward
Pere Pujal i Carabantes
- Corrected bug in postscript printing: images scaled up onto a large canvas printed small, compared to when they're printed at the size they were drawn. Pere Pujal i Carabantes
- Corrected 'oval' brush shape so that colors came out right. (Thanks to Andrei Skoogarev)
- Improved support for localized Stamp sound effects (e.g., 'en_GB' for British English now works; only 'en' would have worked before).
- Fixed minor bug that caused Tux Paint to crash when loading many fonts (i.e., with the 'sysfonts' option). Pere Pujal i Carabantes
and Albert Cahalan
- 'tuxpaint-import' script didn't support files with spaces. Fixed. James Le Cuirot
- Fixed display bugs and icon positioning in pop-up dialogs when using right-to-left languages (like Hebrew or Arabic).