Dec 05, 2018 But recently, many users reported that Windows Spotlight image was not changing the startup screen in Windows 10. If you have encountered such an issue, please follow the step-by-step tutorial below to fix it. Go to Start, Personalization, Lock Screen. Alternatively, you can press the Windows Key + S and type in personalization until you see Change your picture on the lock screen. Under the Background drop-down menu, change this to Picture. Leave the Lock Screen settings open. Once the computer restarts, enable Windows 10 Spotlight. Press the Windows and the ‘L’ to lock your PC and check if you see a new Windows 10 Spotlight image on your monitor’s screen. The above steps will fix your Windows 10 Spotlight not working issue. Windows 10 Spotlight.
Disable Spotlight feature Go to Settings Personalization Lock screen. After that, please use the Background drop-down menu and then select the Picture or Slideshow option. Them it’s time to use PowerShell to reset the Windows Spotlight settings and enable the feature again.
Is your Windows 10 lock screen showing the same wallpaper every day?. Then, Windows Spotlight Not Working on your PC. Though, it isn’t a big issue, which you need to worry about. But still, change is necessary. So in this article, I will tell you about some working solutions. These solutions will help you to fix Windows Spotlight.
What is Windows Spotlight Feature?.
If you’re reading this article, then maybe you already knew about it. But if you don’t know –
Windows Spotlight is a lock screen wallpaper change feature. In Windows 7, there was a similar feature, known as the wallpaper theme. Though, in the Windows 7 wallpaper theme feature, was only can use downloaded wallpaper. But, the Windows Spotlight feature does download new wallpaper daily from Bing. And, then shows you on your Windows 10 lock screen. You can also mark, whether you want similar images shown by a spotlight or not. Overall, it tries to keep your Windows experience fresh. Every time you start Windows.
Why Windows Spotlight Images not changing?.
There could be multiple reasons behind Windows 10 Spotlight Not Working problem. As I mentioned, it downloads images from Bing. So, you need an internet connection. If you connect the internet after login to Windows. Then, Windows Spotlight will not work. But, if you’re using an active WiFi or Ethernet Connection. Then, Windows Spotlight will work fine.
If you have recently updated your Windows. Then, this also could be the reason. Also, sometimes some third party program blocks Windows Feature. So, you have to remove recently installed software. And, if your Windows files got corrupted. Then, also the problem with Windows Spotlight can occur. Well, whatever is the reason, here are the solutions to fix Windows Spotlight.
- 1 Fix – Windows Spotlight Not Working.
Fix – Windows Spotlight Not Working.
Disable and Enable Windows Spotlight Option.
By default, this option comes active in Windows. But, if you have disabled this option by mistake. Or, if due to some third party program this feature got deactivate. Then, by re-enabling it you can fix Windows Spotlight not working problem.
1. Press Windows + I key simultaneously to open the Settings App in Windows 10.
2. Click on Personalization > Lock Screen. (Check left pane for option.)
3. Now, Under the lock screen preview, you will able to find out the background option. From drop-down menu first select Picture option.
By selecting a picture option, the Windows Spotlight option will get disabled.
4. Now, after a minute, select Windows Spotlight Option from the drop-down menu.
That’s it. Now, your lock screen wallpaper will get change automatically every day.
- Also, if the lock screen wallpaper is getting change. But, sign-in screen wallpaper stays the same. Then, there is one more option which you need to re-enable.
- Scroll down a little bit on the lock screen settings page. And, then turn on “show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen” option.
- You can also choose an App to show details status on the lock screen. By default, mail and calendar App comes pre-added.
Delete Files and Restart Computer.
Before trying out this solution, I suggest you create a backup of your Windows. Though, this solution will not lead your Windows to any error. But, if you delete something wrong other than a mention in this article. Then, you might face some unexpected errors. Though, I personally tried this solution. And, Windows Spotlight not a working problem got solved for me. So, give it a try.
Enable Hidden Items – Open File Explorer. Click on the ‘View’ tab, and then mark the “Hidden Items” option. (This option will help you to show all hidden folders. That we need to access to fix Spotlight in Windows 10.
1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the following directory.Click here to view
(If your Windows 10 is installed in another drive. Then, open this directory in that drive. And, replace the user name with your name.)
2. Now, select all files shown in the Assets folder. And, then hit the delete key. Or, right-click to delete.
3. After deleting the Assets folder files. Open the following directory. Or, you can go back to open it.Click here to view
4. In the settings folder, you will able to find out two files.
Microsoft Lockscreen Image Of The Day
delete both files. And, after deleting these files, restart your Windows. Also, make sure Windows Spotlight is selected in Settings App. (Use the first solution to check.)
Windows 10 Lock Screen Wallpapers Download
Re-Register Windows Spotlight.
If after deleting files and restarting Windows. Still, Windows Spotlight Not Working. Then, you need to run a command to get it to work.
1. Press Windows + X key simultaneously to open the WinX menu.
2. From the menu, click on Windows PowerShell(Admin).
Windows 10 Spotlight Picture Not Changing
3. UAC (User Account Control) window might appear. Click on yes.